Benefits of Synephrine: What it is, Properties, Effects
What is Synephrine?
Synephrine is the main active ingredient found in Citrus aurantium, popularly known as Bitter Orange and has a long tradition in Chinese medicine under the name of “Zhi Shi” and is lately being widely studied by researchers.
What are the properties of synephrine?
It is a natural chemical and structurally similar to the catecholamines (epinephrine and norepinephrine), which are compounds that cause the breakdown of fat cells. Synephrine is a stimulant of the central nervous system, very similar to ephedrine effects, but with fewer adverse effects.
Benefits of synephrine
In folk medicine, also used to treat gastrointestinal disorders, nervousness and insomnia, gout and sore throat, and even for obesity.
Loss of fat
The benefits to reduce the percentage of fat, synephrine relates to: reduce appetite, increase energy and metabolism, and possess thermogenic effect.
How does synephrine work?
Deepening the mechanism of action of synephrine must be present which is a selective stimulating the beta 3 adrenergic receptor, without thereby affecting another such as alpha 1 and 2 and beta 1 and 2.
It is precisely this property which favorably distinguishes synephrine on other stimulants, such as ephedrine or amphetamines, and becomes a very effective supplement as a stimulant of resistance, the nervous system and as thermogenic without the side effects level cardiovascular system, which are closely linked to the adrenergic receptors, which means that has no effect on heart rate.
Effects of synephrine
Therefore, synephrine extract Citrus Aurantium causes the release of adrenaline and noradrenaline cell deposits which in turn drive the beta 3 receptors that are directly responsible for lipolysis combustion of fatty acids, ie, in inside the fat cells.
By the same action, during a workout, you can also help to delay fatigue by preserving muscle glycogen
In particular adrenergic or sympathomimetic amine system has several types of receptors are distributed throughout the body and in various tissues are often found one predominates over the other:
- The alpha 1 receptor causes vasoconstriction of the arteries by increasing blood pressure. Alpha2 receptors affect pressure determining microcirculation peripheral vasoconstriction and inhibiting lipolysis stimulation can lead to hypertension.
- The beta 1 and 2 are distributed in the heart and respiratory system and control bronchodilation and myocardial vessel dilation and skeletal muscle, excessive excitation can lead to problems.
- The beta 3 receptors (which acts synephrine) selectively increase the release of fatty acids and triglycerides from the adipose tissue lipolysis and increasing thermogenesis and thus the resistance.
The ability of selective stimulation of beta 3 fat loss without affecting other functions, is an action of special importance, not like other stimulants generic as ephedrine or amphetamines, that although are effective to release fatty acids and improve athletic performance, their side effects can be annoying as well, very dangerous (hypertension, tachycardia, tremors …)
How to take Synephrine?
The average dose is 20 mg two or three times a day. Normally, synephrine can be found in supplements containing bitter orange or bitter orange or as an ingredient in lipolytics formulas along with other ingredients, creating a synergistic effect.
Effectiveness of synephrine
These can include:
- Study 1 : acute ingestion of synephrine increases the rate of oxidation of fat, while reducing carbohydrate oxidation during exercise intensities low to moderate
- Study 2 : synephrine is an antagonist of alpha 1 and 2 receptors, which work to prevent lipid mobilization
- Study 3 : synephrine action causes an increase in metabolic rate and fat oxidation
- Study 4 : the combination of synephrine caffeinated form a perfect “stack” to lose fat
In healthy people synephrine no problem, but you should not use it for long periods of time, it is generally advised to do so in periods two months resting at least half that time before reuse. People who have heart problems or high blood pressure should refrain from using synephrine. Should not be taken before bedtime because infer with sleep onset.
Remember, there are no shortcuts for permanent weight loss. The basis for successful weight loss is a healthy diet and regular physical activity.