Effective training volume: Guideline
And we only have a few days to leave behind the summer and, with the arrival of autumn and the cold months, many of you had thought about making a stage volume to gain some muscle as effective as possible, but not you know very well how to organize it.
Well, do not worry, from H2LW we are going to create a series of posts so you can organize the stage volume as effective as possible, with examples of all kinds weekly routines and diets example. Of course, we must be clear, it will be generic and every one of you will have to suit your needs and demands, but will serve as a basis to everyone as you want to follow.
But before we recapitulate patterns of volume training in a special post. It is a post must – read both for understanding routines to take this into account when training:
- Heating: we will always warm up before you start either with 5 minutes of cardio or 2 sets of 15 repetitions of an exercise muscle group we will train below.
- Stretches: it is always important to stretch at least 10 minutes the muscle groups that have trained after the training session and before cardio (if performed). After the cardio back to stretch your legs.
- Rest between exercises: always going to rest around 120 seconds between an exercise or series of exercises. While the rest should be left between two series will be indicated in the corresponding column in groups every week or weeks.
- Cadence execution: the cadence of each repetition is marked in the routine, it is the tempo of each phase: seconds of the negative phase (eccentric) – hold at the point of inflection (isometric) – seconds of the positive phase (concentric).
- Indicative of muscle failure: in some exercises can be performed indicate that muscle failure dialing the number of the series with a f. That indicated to be performed marking the failure +/- 2 repetitions number.
- Indicative of technical failure: in other exercises you can mark you have to do it to the point where the technique is no longer strictly, putting a t next to the number of repetitions of that series. As it indicated to be +/- 2 directed.
- Article available in rack: In some exercises can be performed indicate that a decrease of rack n times. The descent of the rack is made after completion of the marked series, lowering weight (eg dumbbell with weight) and followed by another set to failure, and many times as indicated.
- Lumbar: every time we do abdominal exercises (except for work that day back, lower zone) we offset that work with 3-4 sets of lumbar hyperextension.
- Beginners: ideally they should not start this routine, but as we will start to pick up pace as if we stand united all summer could even serve them, although they should be supervised by someone with experience, either the monitor.
- Duration of training: consists of 24 weeks, which we will put examples of a diet of simple volume, more advanced something and one for pros.
- Fasting weight training: there are no problems in training on an empty stomach, provided you have some experience in doing so. A good diet for this is the IF diet. We recommend that 20 minutes before the workout fasting will take a pot of EVOBCAAs.
Guidelines series and supersets
- Pyramidal descending Series: When the exercise series has a number of repetitions whose values are descending (eg 12-12-10-8) have to go up the weight in each of the series, adapting to allow you to perform the series but you can stop doing 1 to 3 repetitions of those indicated.
- Ascending pyramidal Series: When the exercise series has a number of repetitions whose values are ascending (eg 8-10-10-12) must go down the weight in each of the series, adapting to allow you to perform the series but you can stop doing 1 to 3 repetitions of those indicated.
- Serial exercises: in definition will perform exercises in a row (biseries, triseries, supersets and giant series) one after another without any rest, which is indicated by a + between one another, specifically in the column specified exercise.
- Bi – serial, triseries and giant series: two, three or more consecutive exercises performed one after the other without rest, so you should prepare all the exercises beforehand. First one and without rest is passed to another and so on, when just resting exercises which mark the table, this would make a series. To do as many sets as indicated. If you`ve never done supersets think you are not able to do this workout for lack of experience.
- Read a row with supersets: if in a row If you for example EXERCISE 1 + EXERCISE 2 + EXERCISE 3 and column repeats puts XX-XX-XX, YY-YY-YY, failure indicates that the exercise1 is made with repeats XX-XX-XX, the exercise 2 YY-YY-YY and exercise 3 to failure. If only puts a row in the column repeats all exercises that row are made with the same repetitions.
- Cardiovascular exercise: cardio to be performed by standard will be at a moderate pace, ie 65% of your maximum heart rate, not to exceed 40 minutes of time. HIIT sessions may get into certain weeks, but it will not be as usual.
- Type of cardio: the best fat burning cardio is the race, but can make you feel like cardio controlling the heart rate. Not recommended spinning, bodypump, aerobics, etc. because it is not usually control heart rhythm.
- Days of cardio: primarily be performed between 2 and 3 days of cardio, unless in routine strictly indicated cardio days to perform. If indicated, it may indicated that a session of HIIT is done as we said before.
- When doing cardio Ideally it is best to do the days of the weights right after them, except the leg day and the day after. If you take a protein shake you can take it after cardio without problem (there will be no difference by taking cardio before or after).
- Weigh yourself: the basics to follow the development of the definition is weigh yourself once a week at the same time, better in newly raised fasting and score progression. While everything lost is not known whether it is fat or muscle or liquids.
- Measurement of fat and muscle: the ideal is measured fat every month to see how we evolve. This is done with lipocalibres (measuring the folds of a formula) or scales bioimpedance (not very reliable). Knowing fat also know muscle. The lipocaliber uses qualified personnel, sports medical center, mainly.
- Doubts exercise: if you can not do the exercises given in the routine do not be afraid to ask in the comments of the post every week / s, but please read previous comments if already explained.