What diet to follow while in the gym
The gym is a place to work on your body. Everyone has their own goals and wishes, it depends on them how to eat during training. However, the basics are the same for everyone.
Diet to start at the gym
When you start training in the gym, whatever your goal, you should increase the number of kilo calories you consumed daily when you did not practice any physical activity (yes, even if your intention is to lose weight), always carrying a correct diet, which allows Your body responds correctly when you go to the gym. The important thing is that you do not consume empty calories, that is, those that come from foods that do not provide you with any nutrients. Before immersing yourself in the world of fitness, it is important that you know what diet you should follow when you start at the gym, depending on your age, your weight and your physical conditions.
Next, we will give you some guidelines on how your diet should be when you start at the gym and what are the nutrients that can not be missing from your diet, always under the supervision of your doctor or nutritionist.
What should I eat to start going to the gym?
It is very important to make five meals a day (breakfast, lunch, lunch, snack and dinner). Here is an example of diet so that, when you start at the gym, you can take a healthy and balanced diet without any problems:
- Breakfast : a piece of fruit (or orange juice), a glass of milk and a bowl of cereal (oat flakes, preferably). Do not cheat and avoid chocolate cereals or those that contain a lot of sugar.
- Lunch: a small sandwich or cheese or turkey sandwich, avoiding sausage with more fat, such as serrano ham or chorizo. If you are hungry before lunch, you can eat a handful of almonds or nuts.
- Food: salad and a plate of foods that contain a large amount of carbohydrates, such as pasta or rice. For dessert, you can take a piece of fruit (banana if you have not yet trained and pear, apple, orange or other fruits with lots of water if you have already done so).
- Snack: it is the most treacherous meal of the day, and losing control over the care of the body, in which you can fall into the temptation of sweet and industrial pastries. If you have trained, you can eat some protein, such as tuna or some type of cold cuts, inside the bread if you wish.
- Dinner : follow the saying “eat breakfast like a king, eat like a prince and dine like a beggar.” A bit of meat or fish (you can alternate) without too much percentage of fat, like breast or hake. When starting to go to the gym, avoid pork burgers and other types of red meat. Accompany the piece of meat with a little vegetable, such as broccoli, spinach, artichoke, etc. As a dessert, you can eat another piece of fruit or a natural yogurt.
It is worth mentioning that if you notice the results of your diet very quickly, it is advisable to perform acheat meal or diet jump, also called “trap day”, once a week, giving yourself some food whim, so that the body remembers that it is on a diet. Otherwise, in the long term you could stop obtaining satisfactory results. Enjoy all the advantages of dieting in the same way as the benefits of starting to go to the gym and vice versa.
Follow a diet model to start at the gym similar to this and you will get satisfactory results very soon. However, your doctor or your nutritionist can advise you with any questions you have about the right diet to start going to the gym according to your conditions and goals you want to achieve with the training.
Frequent mistakes in the diet when starting at the gym
Many people make some common mistakes in their diet by entering the world of fitness and healthy living. We present some of them for you to try to prevent them successfully.
- Do not increase the amounts: if we start exercising daily, we should eat more kilo calories than before, even if we want to lose weight.
- Skip a meal: we should eat five times a day. If we try to skip a meal, we probably need a larger quantity in the next one, and we can attribute to it that “the remedy was worse than the disease”.
- Falling in the false light : when we buy in the supermarket, we must be attentive to the labels of the products, since many of them are sold as “healthy” when in fact they contain large amounts of sugar.
- Do not have patience: if we think about starting to get results the first week, and we do not get it, we will feel like abandoning the diet. You have to be constant, as in a long distance race, and not want to “sprint” at the beginning to finish as soon as possible.
Do not fall into these mistakes that beginners make in the diet when they start in the gym and eat correctly from the beginning of your physical activity to progress effectively in the shortest time possible.