Myths About Hair loss
- 1 When it comes to hair loss What is real and what is fiction?
- 1.1 1. Wear a hat can accelerate hair loss
- 1.2 2. Hair loss is caused by decreased blood flow to the scalp
- 1.3 3. Hair loss is passed from mother
- 1.4 4. The pomade or fasteners can accelerate hair loss
- 1.5 5. Use hair can lead to hair loss
- 1.6 6. Wash your hair every day can cause them to fall
- 1.7 7. Genetic and hormonal factors that causes the vast majority of hair loss in our society
- 1.8 8. Rapar hair slows hair loss
- 1.9 9. Steroids increase the risk of baldness
- 1.10 10. A poor diet can lead to hair loss
When it comes to hair loss What is real and what is fiction?
In this article we will analyze some of the most popular myths about factors that can cause hair loss for those who are a myth without foundation, and they are real.
1. Wear a hat can accelerate hair loss
False: This myth begins with the premise that a cap prevents from oxygen to the scalp but the hair follicles actually get oxygen from the bloodstream, not air. So good news for lovers caps are not causing any harm. Now, make sure your cap or shadow is always clean. Dirty hats can, however, lead to an infection of the scalp, which in turn accelerates hair loss.
2. Hair loss is caused by decreased blood flow to the scalp
False: When hair is growing, a significant amount of blood flow is required. Once you lose your hair, the amount of blood needed and decrease blood flow to the scalp is reduced. Therefore, a decrease in blood flow to the scalp is not the cause of hair loss, but a result of it.
3. Hair loss is passed from mother
False : This myth is not entirely true. While the primary baldness gene is on the X chromosome, which men get only their mothers, other factors are also at play. Heredity is a bit more dominant side of women, but research suggests that men who have a bald father are more likely to develop male pattern baldness than those who do not according to Kings College University of London (United Kingdom).
4. The pomade or fasteners can accelerate hair loss
True Correct application of the fasteners must not come into contact with the scalp, only on the hair (better on the tips). But unfortunately as time goes by your application it is spreading on the skin resulting in the closure of the opening of the follicle and artificial hardening of the stem.
All this causes the hair to be weak and fragile and fall more easily. It is therefore advisable not to abuse this product and shampooing more frequently to prevent exposure of the product for a long period.
5. Use hair can lead to hair loss
True: Use hairdryers at very high temperatures can burn the hair, making it more fragile and therefore accelerate their loss even if the damage is temporary and reversible. Therefore, when we use dryer ideally put at a lower temperature and does not bring it to the hair too much not to damage it.
6. Wash your hair every day can cause them to fall
False: Many people think that washing your hair daily causes a greater loss. If you see too many hairs in the shower drain it is because they were already weakened earlier and loose on the shaft of the hair follicle. The mechanical action of shampooed hair ends to loosen the hair follicle, but not the main reason for hair loss. Instead, wash your hair daily can be beneficial provided that an appropriate use shampoo.
7. Genetic and hormonal factors that causes the vast majority of hair loss in our society
True Common baldness in men and women is induced, as its name suggests, by an androgenic stimulation of hair follicles. It would actually be the accumulation of dihidrotestosteona DHT, which is an active androgen on tissues, which diffuses within the follicular cell and which inhibits the metabolism and growth of these follicles. Has not yet been completely identified genetic background of androgenic alopecia, but it is known that two enzymes 5-a reductase and aromatase, which for example is greatly increased in Femenia alopecia. Part of the therapeutic efforts going that route, seeking control of these enzymes.
8. Rapar hair slows hair loss
False: While cutting hair is healthy to get rid of damaged or old and it looks better hair, not found cause and effect that proves the fact that the hair becomes stronger or slow your fall with this process. The problem of hair loss is not on the stem but in the hair follicle.
9. Steroids increase the risk of baldness
True : Take-androgenic anabolic steroids produces a stimulation of DHT dihydrotestosterone, which as explained above diffuses within the follicular cell and which inhibits the metabolism and growth of these follicles accelerating baldness.
10. A poor diet can lead to hair loss
True Food is very important in maintaining healthy hair factor. Stress along with a poor diet are the main causes of diffuse hair loss. Deficiencies or excesses of the most common minerals are usually low levels of iron, calcium, magnesium, chromium and zinc and high copper levels. However, it is a temporary loss until adequate power is resumed.